Updating the theme
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
- Click on 'Upload theme' button.
- From the Upload theme popup window, click Choose File to select the new version of the theme (Universe-vX.X.zip) from your computer.
- Click upload. You will see the new theme in 'Theme library' section.
- Copy and replace the theme settings from the current theme to the new one. Click 'Edit Code' in the 'Actions' dropdown of Live theme, open /config/settings_data.json file, select everything and copy. Then go to /config/settings_data.json file of the new theme and paste the settings.
Note: please make sure to remove '"checkout_use_storefront_logo": true,' line from your settings_data.json, otherwise it might cause an issue with using a custom logo on the checkout page.
- Optional. Migrate any custom code that you ever added to your Liquid files, otherwise the changes will get lost. Simply copy and paste custom code the same way you just did with theme settings.
- Optional. If you have any apps installed that add code you the theme, please check their documentation and most likely you will need to reinstall them to setup with the new theme.
- When you're done with migration, preview the new theme and if all looks good - click 'Publish' to make the new version of the theme live on your store.